Tuesday 6 August 2024

A new field of parsley and salad

Today I planted a new field of parsley and salad. I also explain why I wrote a petition to the King of the Netherlands. I will probably not receive a response, and yet, that option to write the King exists, even for citizens who do not live in the Netherlands, and I found that quite interesting. The King is after all the "father" of the nation. The King can do things no one else can. By inviting Red-Oak and Green-Rose to his palace, and speaking wise words of reconciliation to them, the Faerie Princess would receive the most beautiful gift of her entire adult life.



Look at how I captured this bird in the following pictures, taken from the rooftop of the barnhouse.



Passion fruits and green peppers from the garden around our house.


Even hibiscus flowers can have twin souls! This is a white hibiscus I planted, but for mysterious reasons it produced a half-pink, half-white flower!

And those are passion fruits I harvested on Sunday from the garden by the sea. They still need to mature for a few days, until when they become pink / purple. I planted this passion fruit vine.


And those are the first green olives and carobs of the year! I prepared the olives with water, salt and olive oil, doing a small cut on each olive, to allow them to lose their bitterness in a faster way.
The carobs have a vague taste of chocolate. They are edible raw, or used to produce molasses, that is like a darker honey. The sugar contained in carobs is much healthier than "normal" sugar.
Do you recognize my hat, that I sometimes use when I harvest the garden fruits?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Showing new parts of the garden

Today I showed new parts of the garden, on which I've been working in order to start planting some winter crops! I'm really proud of...