Sunday 18 August 2024

An important discovery: Oranje is twinned with Breda & Byblos

 I finally got a haircut! I spoke from the rooftop of our house today...


I think that the town of Orange (Oranje) in France occupies a special place in the hearts of my Dutch friends, as Willem van Oranje (Het Vader des Vaderlands) was Prins van Oranje. 

And what I discovered today is that Byblos, the closest town to Amchit (we live at five/ten minutes from Byblos) is twinned with Orange, which is also twinned with Breda !

This is a screenshot of the wikipedia page about Orange in English (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange,_Vaucluse#Name)


For the information of my readers, Byblos is one of the oldest towns in the world and it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You can read more about Byblos here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byblos

The first alphabet in the world was born in Byblos.

So this is really the hand of fate, I think, that unites both Byblos and Breda with Oranje.

Amchit and Byblos are very closely related. In the past, the families who owned trades in Byblos had their homes in Amchit. There are only 5 kilometers in between Amchit and Byblos (that is also called Jbeil).

-

On another note this is the picture of a wild tulip sprouting at the wild state in the Mounts of Lebanon (Source: https://www.lebanoninapicture.com/pictures/hello-little-friend-tulip-wild-flower-field-green-mount)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Showing new parts of the garden

Today I showed new parts of the garden, on which I've been working in order to start planting some winter crops! I'm really proud of...