Friday 19 July 2024

My country

Today I decided to show the flag of my country. And yet, before being Lebanese / Italian / French / Colombian, I am a citizen of the world. Which means that I believe each citizen in the world to have the right to have a decent, peaceful life, that respects other human beings, but also nature and the environment. Right now, the mindset that dominates the world is that of egoism, of balance of power, of cold rationalism, and this is true in between countries, but also in my personal story. Red-Oak, Green-Rose and Little-Flute lacked humility, as much as certain nations lack humility, believing themselves better than other, smaller nations. Being Dutch made them think they were way better than I, who came from Lebanon, and that they had more rights, and that my life did not matter at all. The least, is to give the chance to a person to express and explain himself, especially if that person made the effort to come visit a foreign country only for the girl he loves. However, Red-Oak, Green-Rose and Little-Flute perhaps think that the people who come from what they think to be "poorer" countries, are little more than animals, or slaves, with little or no feelings. Well, they are entirely wrong.

Therefore, the day I will obtain justice, it will not only be justice for me, but also justice for my nation, in a symbolic way, and this story will become a peaceful, constructive example to follow for all those who are wronged or discriminated based on their citizenship, or their life dream, as I was discrimated on both the fact of coming from Lebanon, and of dreaming to become a writer.

And, on a side note, Lebanon is not a "poorer" country. Lebanon has nothing to envy to any other nation of this world. Statistics, and the reality on the ground, are two entirely different things. And, Lebanon has something many countries in the world lack of: culture, and history.

The Pope Giovanni Paolo II said, a little more than a decade ago, when he visited Lebanon that "Lebanon is a message of peace to the world."

Look at our beautiful flag, harboring a proud cedar at its center, and you will understand the nobility of my country, that is one of the only countries in the world to have a tree on its flag. Cedars are way older than human beings. And I ask to Red-Oak, Green-Rose and Little-Flute: before expressing harsh and totally unfair judgements, did you ever visit a cedar forest, and listen to the quiet wisdom of those ancient trees? Do you have such ancient forests in the lowlands?

And: do you think that it is shameful to recognize your mistake?

On the contrary, brave and courageous are the people who recognize their wrongs. The day you will recognize your mistake, you will earn my respect and that of many other persons, and you will be able to look again at yourselves in a mirror. Because, it's been months you are greatly embarrassed by this story. It's been months you avoid taking responsibility. And yet, you are not living in the meanwhile, terrified that someone of your entourage discovers what is truly going on with the Faerie Princess.

That is why, you've isolated yourselves from your friends. You do not want to have to answer their questions.





4 comments:

Showing new parts of the garden

Today I showed new parts of the garden, on which I've been working in order to start planting some winter crops! I'm really proud of...