Thursday 25 July 2024

The water in the canal

This is how the canal looks like after 2 months without rain, thanks to the clever system of dams I built! The watercress is still alive in shaded places.


And this is a picture of me, my siblings and my parents, a long time ago, around 2003-2004, in the garden of my great grandmother. I will remove this picture in 24 hours for privacy reasons.



Those are the persons you are scared of and you refuse to speak to, Red-Oak, Green-Rose, Little-Flute !


2 comments:

  1. Wat een geweldige foto! Ik herinner me dat ik jouw familie voor het eerst ontmoette voor de geboorte van M. Hoe oud was jij , ik denk een jaar of 7 of 8. Jij lag in ieder geval op bed toen we bij jouw ouders in Beirouth hebben gegeten. Ik herinner me ook nog dat je moeder in verwachting was van M. Ik heb mooie herinneringen van Libanon, met al die gastvrije en vriendelijke mensen. Het was een cadeautje dat ik meekon met mijn echtgenoot die was daar op zakenreis. Mijn NL vrienden hoopten altijd dat ik die lekkere chocolade meebracht uit Libanon !Ik had een keertje zoveel mooie dingen gekocht dat ik een extra koffer moest kopen. Mooie herinneringen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you keep a good memory of your trip to Lebanon, Ellen ! For us, hospitality is sacred ! If you tell me which chocolate it is, I'll bring it with me the day I, or someone of my family, will go to the Netherlands...

      Delete

Showing new parts of the garden

Today I showed new parts of the garden, on which I've been working in order to start planting some winter crops! I'm really proud of...