Thursday 1 August 2024

After watering

 This is a video I made of a section of the garden after watering...


Those pictures were taken in 2000 or 2001. "Frère Marcel", who sadly departed our world for a better one, was my Cathechism instructor, which means that before making my First Communion I had to understand what Christianism was all about.
Among Catholics, there are persons who choose not to marry and dedicate their entire life to spiritual matters, to God, and "Frère Marcel" was one of those. He was entirely French, but spent most of his life in Lebanon, and he was a friend of my grandfather. "Frère Marcel" was a person of Peace, a wise, kind, compassionate, quiet person who inspired to believe. I really liked him. Those two pictures are taken in front of the house of my grandparents in the garden by the sea, the same garden I now in part plant and cultivate.
I still remember I had a lot of existential doubts. I once asked Frère Marcel: "can I ask you a private and embarrassing question?
He said: "of course".
And I asked him: "do you truly, truly believe in God's existence, or do you only say that to reassure me?"
"I am convinced of God's existence," was his answer.
I did not forget his answer.
But it took me years to discover and understand that for myself. It one year and a half after meeting my twin soul in Lausanne, the Faerie Princess, Annelies Broeders, that I all of a sudden had the inner revelation, the certainty, that life was not a result of cosmic chance, but that everything had a deeper meaning. I was in Paris at that moment, and despite my twin soul being at several hundreds of kilometers from there, I saw her face with clarity, and understood there was something sacred in our love. 
I never retrieved that clarity afterwards. But I trust that one day, soon, I will retrieve it again, when the Faerie Princess will be ready to do what she plans to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Showing new parts of the garden

Today I showed new parts of the garden, on which I've been working in order to start planting some winter crops! I'm really proud of...