Thursday 23 May 2024

The Prince of Ylliriel speaks about water

Today, the Prince of Ylliriel speaks about water and cedar trees.

In agroforestry and permaculture projects it is recommended to use water from three different sources, in order to build a more resilient ecosystem. The Prince shows how he intuitively built a resilient system in the garden, using:

- the drinking water sent by the State on a daily basis that fills the garden's main water tanks

- the irrigation water sent by time to time through the network of canals connected to the Adonis River (Nahr ibrahim)

- rain water collection from the rooftop of the barnhouse in another smaller water tank

In that way, the garden is entirely autosufficient in water...

Also, the Prince of Ylliriel never throws anything. That is why he reuses plastic bottles either to build pots and greenhouses, or he fills them with rainwater, keeping them as an additional safety for the warmest and driest week of the year.

On a side note, the Prince speaks of the most appreciated mineral waters in the Kingdom of Ylliriel (Mount Lebanon), that come from natural springs on the Mount Sannine and the Mount Tannourine. The Mount Sannine is visible from the coast, capped in white for many months because of snow. The Mount Tannourine is hidden behind other mountains, but it is a beautiful place with one of the largest Cedar forests, and a vast natural reserve around. The Prince visited Tannourine some years ago, and he was greatly impressed by the solemnity of the silence that reigned there, on Mounts that sometimes disappear in fog, when a cloud erases the landscape, to later reappear under a glorious sun. The Cedar Forest there seemed a place in between the land and the sky, belonging in part to Earth, and in part to Heaven, and the fields of wild flowers around contributed to the beauty of the place. Tannourine also counts charming villages with very ancient houses and churchs, and breathtaking grottos, with picturesque waterfalls. 




2 comments:

  1. Grappig dat je het zegt Erik over ronndleidingen met kleine kindjes. Mijn kleinkinderen van 7 en 4 zijn erg geinteressereed in dit soort dingen zeker als je er een thema aan verbindt zoals ik je eerder zei: welke kruiden zijn nodig voor een heerlijke pesto? Kinderen doen graag iets ipv luisteren...Mijn kleindochter is dol op het plukken van veldboeketten ,vooral in de kleur roze, haar lievelingskleur.Hopelijk is je Engel snel bij je dan kun je verder met je verwezenlijken van je dromen!ik duim voor jullie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words, Ellen! Your grandchildren sound lovely! And yes, I understand them. It's much funnier for a child to do and experiment with their own hands, rather than learn theoretical knowledge. They need to touch things in order to learn. I hope that a miracle will deliver my Angel from her burden, and let me retrieve her. I am waiting for her: our books, our novels, our dreams, our projects, are waiting... But my impression is that things are not in between her own hands. It's as if she is waiting for me to do something, but I don't know what. This is the impression I get from the various ways with which she communicates with me. I have the impression she tells me she is powerless, as long as her parents do not listen to and trust my words. She needs them to recognize her trauma before acting herself. I honestly don't know how to convince them to listen, even though I have the impression from the signs she gives me that they are reading me, and even coming on this blog to read me. But they read with their eyes, with their minds, without opening their hearts. They're puzzled, worried, anxious, even touched sometimes, but they're also very reluctant to let their feelings speak, as their positions are delicate. I have the impression there is no direct communication between my Angel and them. So I really don't know how to get over that wall, because I have the impression she can't do anything on her own.

      Delete

Showing new parts of the garden

Today I showed new parts of the garden, on which I've been working in order to start planting some winter crops! I'm really proud of...